If you’ve followed us for a while, you know we are obsessed with green and white Marseille soap. Marseille soap was one of the first products that we started to carry and that we continue to reorder because you all have fallen in love with it, too! It’s useful throughout the home and gentle on skin while being completely natural and eco-friendly...what’s not to love?! With that in mind, we are beyond excited to share a new soap that is sure to become a staple item in your home: Olive oil liquid black soap. Keep reading to learn more!
What is the difference between Marseille and Olive oil black soap?
- Production of both soaps are fairly similar, but the main difference is the base of each soap. Marseille soap base is made of soda, whereas olive oil black soap base is made of potassium resulting in a softer soap.
- Marseille soap is used on the body, hair, and general household cleaning. Olive oil black soap is used for exfoliation (given it’s natural emollient properties) and multi-purpose household cleaning. Olive oil black soap is highly concentrated, so a little bit goes a long way.
Both soaps are environmentally friendly and biodegradable. Marseille and Olive oil black soap are natural, plant-based, and phosphate free! Thoroughly clean your home and protect the planet, chemical free.
Let’s dive into Olive oil black soap!
Cauldron-cooked with an exclusive patented olive oil formula in the Salon-de-Provence soap factory, Marius Fabre crafts this soap traditionally as they have for over 115 years. Olive oil black soap is Eco-detergent Certified! Olive oil black liquid soap is truly a multi-purpose cleanser for the entire home and garden, making this an economical and ecological product! Clear up space in your cabinet by making this your new one-and-done product.
Unlike other black soaps made from linseed oil, Marius Fabre black soap is made from a high concentration of olive oil (resulting in it’s lovely dark brown color). Plant based, preservative and chemical free with no artificial coloring, Marius Fabre olive oil black soap is biodegradable and eco-friendly. Its highly concentrated formula means that only a little goes a really long way. The formula is gentle on hands and skin & a powerhouse around the home!
Olive Oil Liquid Black Soap Ingredients:
Potassium soap made with olive oil, water
- 100 % vegetable oils (olive oil)
- No coloring, no added fragrance, no preservatives
- No chemical additives
Olive oil black soap uses:
- Clean floors and all types of surfaces
- Degrease! Use this on ovens, stove tops, frying pans, etc.
- Clean windows and fire insert glasses
- Remove difficult stains on napkins, table cloths, tea towels, etc.
- *Dark and colored fabrics - dab directly onto stubborn stains for pre-wash spot treatment.
- Effective laundry detergent - Ideal for dark and colored fabrics. (*Marius Fabre suggests using Marseille White Soap for the Laundry for white fabrics!)
- Greenfly/aphid prevention
- Pet washing
- Nourish hands and skin
Garden Spray for Aphid/Greenfly Prevention Recipe:
- 5Tbs of Black liquid soap
- 1L of warm water
Method: Combine 5 tablespoons of black soap in a liter of warm water. Leave to cool, then spray onto the leaves and stems of any plant showing signs of greenfly, insect or larvae infestation. Repeat several days if necessary. Spray preferably in the morning or at the end of the day. Don’t forget to spray the back of the leaves where most of the aphids gather.
Heavy-Duty Laundry Wash Recipe:
- 50g (~ A little under ¼ cup) of Black liquid soap
- 1L of water
- 10 drops of preferred essential oil (optional)
Method: Put 50g of black soap in a basin or a glass bottle and add 1L of boiling water. Mix until the black soap has completely dissolved. For a pleasantly scented black soap laundry wash, add 10 drops of essential oil. It’s ready!
An alternative to detergents in less than 5 minutes! A simple, eco-friendly recipe you won’t want to go without. Use Marseille white soap for the laundry for your whites!
Our Marseille and black soaps are 100% natural, multi-purpose, and biodegradable. These soaps align with our sustainable values and will make the perfect addition to your green-clean house care, while preventing pollution in our rivers and contribute to protecting the environment. Give it a try, and let us know what you think!